Helping your employees stay well
WellNow offers a wide range of occupational medicine services to help keep your employees and your workplace healthy and safe — improving productivity and promoting your organization’s success.
With convenient scheduling and streamlined care, we will help you cut costs and improve productivity, all while remaining compliant with regulatory agencies. At the same time, we will work with you to improve overall employee health and promote workplace safety by matching the right employee to the physical challenges of a particular job. Select services can be performed directly at your workplace.
Audiometric screenings (Audiograms)
Our trained medical staff will conduct a baseline audiogram and follow-up annual audiograms for your employees. This enables employers to initiate protective follow-up measures before an employee’s hearing loss progresses. We will compare the annual audiograms to the baseline to determine the validity of the audiogram and if the employee has experienced a standard threshold shift (STS), meaning they have lost hearing ability. If your employee has experienced an STS, our team will work closely with you to ensure your staff has the hearing protection needed to continue working safely.
Our providers offer visions screenings to ensure employees maintain the eyesight standards required to safely perform their jobs. Vision screenings include:
- Horizontal field of vision
WellNow offers options for pre-employment, post-accident, reasonable suspicion and random drug screening, including:
- 5-panel drug screens
- 10-panel drug screens
- 12-panel drug screens
- Instant drug screens
- DOT drug screens
- Hair testing
Breath alcohol testing (BAT)
A breath-alcohol test is used to determine how much alcohol is in the blood by measuring the amount of alcohol exhaled. This test can be used for:
- Random testing
- Reasonable suspicion testing
- Post-accident testing
With WellNow, you can rest assured that:
- All of our staff members are trained Breath Alcohol Technicians (BAT)
- Results will be ready the same day the test is performed
- Confirmation testing will be done on all positive results
- Your designated representative will be contacted following each positive test
All of the breath alcohol equipment used at WellNow is listed on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA) conforming product list for Evidential Devices, which are the only devices certified for conducting an alcohol confirmation test under 49 CFR part 40. Each test is carefully reviewed by our Medical Review Officer for quality assurance.
Blood draws are performed on-site at WellNow Urgent Care locations by our trained employees and sent out to our lab for testing. Results are typically returned to our facility within two days and are promptly reviewed by our clinical staff. Testing includes:
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP)
- Complete Blood Count with Differential (CBC w/Diff)
- Lead with ZPP
- Lipid Panel
- Hepatitis B titers
- MMR titers
Tuberculosis screening (PPD)
The Mantoux tuberculin skin test is a standard method of determining whether a person is infected with Mycobacterium tuberculosis using a purified protein derivative (PPD).
Testing details include:
- The skin test is administered by injecting a small amount of tuberculin into the skin at the lower part of the arm
- The patient must return to a WellNow Urgent Care within 48-72 hours to have their arm test examined
- Healthcare workers in particular should be tested pre-employment and annually as they are at risk of unknown exposure to patients with tuberculosis
A TSPOT test is an Interferon-Gamma Release Assay (IGRA) that can diagnose Mycobacterium tuberculosis. A blood draw is performed to detect the presence of interferon-gamma (IFN-g), which is activated by Mycobacterium tuberculosis antigens. This test can be performed in a single visit, and results are available within 24 hours.
Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT)
A Pulmonary Function Test (PFT) is one method of determining if an employee has the necessary lung capacity to wear a respirator safely and effectively. Our certified staff use a spirometer to measure:
- The amount of air released
- How quickly air is expelled from the lungs
PFTs are performed as part of a medical surveillance examination to ensure those who are required to wear a respirator do so safely and effectively.
Respirator fit testing – qualitative
Respirator Fit Testing is required for the proper use of all tight-fitting face pieces used in the workplace.
To be compliant with OSHA 1910.134(f), an employee using any form of facial respirator is to be fit tested:
- Prior to the initial use of their equipment
- Whenever a new face piece is used
- On an annual basis after the initial fit test
WellNow offers qualitative fit testing in all of our locations using procedures that follow OSHA Fit Test Protocol 1910.134(f):
- Properly adjust and fit respirator
- Negative pressure seal check of respirator
- Administer Bitrex or smoke irritant
Respirator fit testing – quantitative
OSHA-compliant quantitative fit testing is currently offered at select locations. This protocol includes:
- Properly adjusting and fitting the respirator
- Sampling and measurement of air particles in face piece using a PortaCount machine
Employees can receive on-site chest X-rays at all of our locations. Chest radiography is used to monitor the health of workers who are at risk of developing lung diseases, such as pneumoconiosis, and other occupational respiratory disorders that occur from inhaling particles such as asbestos or silica in the workplace. Our licensed, on-site technicians ensure federal compliance with our CR/DR equipment and B-Reader, if necessary.
An electrocardiogram (EKG) is a test that records and measures the electrical activity of the heart. Abnormalities in the electrical activity of the heart can indicate underlying heart disease, such as:
- Heart attack
- Atrial fibrillation
- Cardiac ischemia
- A number of other conditions
Performing an EKG as a part of your occupational health program can:
- Provide early detection of life-threatening heart issues
- Detect previous cardiac damage that may have not been reported by the patient
- Ensure that your employee is fit to complete the demands of their job
To learn more about our services and pricing, please contact us using the form below.