Occupational medicine made easy for your organization
WellNow’s robust catalog of on-site occupational medicine services allows us to offer programs and events that fit the specific needs of your workforce — directly at your workplace. We offer customized solutions, working with you to determine the on-site services that are required for your organization’s success and compliance needs. We will help you organize scheduling for maximum efficiency, minimizing downtime and eliminating the burden of individual appointments.
By making our services available to you at your workplace, we will make it easy for you and your employees to have access to comprehensive occupational medicine services from qualified providers. We are here to promote your business’s success by ensuring your employees are able to perform their best work every day.
Our providers are able to perform all physical examinations directly at your workplace, allowing all of your employees to receive the examinations they need at one time. Examinations we offer include:
- Bus driver
- Hazardous Material (HazMat)
- Fit for Duty
- Return to Work
Respirator fit testing
Respirator fit testing is required for the proper use of all tight-fitting face pieces used in the workplace.
To be compliant with OSHA 1910.134(f), an employee using any form of facial respirator is to be fit tested:
- Prior to the initial use of their equipment
- Whenever a new face piece is used
- On an annual basis after the initial fit test
We offer qualitative mask fit testing at your workplace, using procedures that follow OSHA Fit Test Protocol 1910.134(f):
- Properly adjust and fit respirator
- Perform negative pressure seal check of respirator
- Administer Bitrex or smoke irritant
WellNow offers options for both pre-employment and random on-site drug testing, including:
- 5-panel drug screens
- 10-panel drug screens
- 12-panel drug screens
- Breath alcohol testing (BAT)
- Instant drug screens
- DOT drug screens
- Hair testing
Tuberculosis screening (PPD)
The Mantoux tuberculin skin test is a standard method of determining whether a person is infected with Mycobacterium tuberculosis using a purified protein derivative (PPD).
Testing details include:
- The skin test is administered by injecting a small amount of tuberculin into the skin at the lower part of the arm
- The patient must visit a WellNow Urgent Care facility within 48-72 hours after the injection to have their arm test examined
- Healthcare workers in particular should be tested pre-employment and annually, as they are at risk of unknown exposure to patients with tuberculosis
A TSPOT test is an Interferon-Gamma Release Assay (IGRA) that can diagnose Mycobacterium tuberculosis. A blood draw is performed to detect the presence of interferon-gamma (IFN-g), which is activated by Mycobacterium tuberculosis antigens. This test can be performed in a single visit, and results are available within 24 hours.
Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT)
A Pulmonary Function Test (PFT) is one method of determining if an employee has the necessary lung capacity to wear a respirator safely and effectively. Our certified staff use a spirometer to measure:
- The amount of air released
- How quickly air is expelled from the lungs
PFTs are performed as part of a medical surveillance examination to ensure those who are required to wear a respirator do so safely and effectively.
To learn more about our services and pricing, please contact us using the form below.